Thursday, January 9, 2014

PCB etching with vinegar... (part 3)

Ok, quick post while at lunch. This is a recap of my progress...

1st attempt:
Thermal transfer was pretty good, but did not let it etch long enough so that it's a big short everywhere.

2nd attempt:
Thermal transfer was also pretty good, etching was good, but some traces shorted and some open. Might be usable.

3rd attempt:
On that attempt I changed the artwork to have a ground surface. I figured that it would speed up the etching. Also did some trace in-between the pads smaller so as to avoid short.
Unfortunately my paper moved while ironing... So useless to go through the etching part.

This is turning out to be a bit harder that I had anticipated, but I am making progress and learning from my errors.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day-O: A customizable macOS clock replacement

At work we use week number milestones. Finding which week we are in is always a pain... Until I found Day-O ( https://shauninman.com/archive...